The teamwork and dedication shown by all helped the Tacoma Liveaboards and Citizens for a Healthy Bay host a successful, groundbreaking Fair at Delin Docks Marina in downtown Tacoma on the Opening Day of Boating Season.
Don Meyer, Executive Director of Foss Waterway Development Authority, welcomed all to the Opening Ceremony and acknowledged the importance of this 1st Annual Fair to raise the awareness of all recreational boaters about the impacts of our actions on the health of people and ecosystems in Foss Waterway, Commencement Bay and Puget Sound.
* City of Tacoma Mayor Bill Baarsma
* Clark Mather, District Director, Office of Congressman Norm Dicks
* Dr. Joel Baker, Port of Tacoma Chair, University of Washington, Environmental Sciences
* Marv Coleman, Toxics Cleanup Program Manager, Department of Ecology
* Chris Wilke, Pollution Prevention Director, Puget Soundkeeper Alliance
* Marilyn Strickland, Tacoma City Council
* Mike Lonergan, Tacoma City Council
* Kris Flint, Project Manager, Environmental Protection Agency
* Clare Petrich, President, Port of Tacoma Commission
* Jim Merritt, Merritt for Mayor
Following the Opening Ceremony, the City of Tacoma’s “Baywatcher” vessel and Admiralty Yachts’ Duffy electric boats offered narrated tours of the restored Foss Waterway and seminars and exhibits promoted eco-friendly technologies and services.
Kudos to 1st Annual Fair Supporters
We could not have accomplished this successful event without the many extra efforts of Delin Docks Marina staff and our sponsors, speakers, exhibitors, boat captains, and most of all, our VOLUNTEERS who went “ABOVE AND BEYOND” with hours of selfless service.
Together you’ve helped us forge a path to a better future for us all! We've created a positive legacy for future generations by hosting this inaugural event. Thank you for taking action to preserve our resources and prepare for the "Next Generation!"
2010 2nd Annual "Clean, Green Boating Festival"
Stay tuned for Tacoma's waterfront 2nd Annual “Clean, Green Boating Festival,” to be held May 22, 2010 at Foss Waterway Seaport, Tacoma’s boating destination that celebrates the past, present and future of the area’s rich maritime importance.
The 2nd Annual "Clean, Green Boating Festival" will expand the first "Clean, Green Boating" event's mission by focusing on new "green" marine products and services that offer conservation, efficiency, and reduced pollution; environmental practices for “clean water” stewardship; and safety information to save lives and preserve resources.
For more information about next year’s Fair, contact the Tacoma Liveaboards at email@example.com or (206) 478-6621, and visit the Tacoma Liveaboard Association website.